skip to main | skip to sidebar
blog

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Hmmm...it's late and I should be in bed. I think I'll blog instead. I have tons of cute pics on my camera that I need to upload to the computer before I lose that disk, too. Maybe tomorrow.


A few days ago I was stalking my friend Joy's blog. I have the most amazing friends. I really do. When I went to add my comment to her post, I read a comment that someone else wrote for her. They pronounced Joy to be a fabulous mom who makes her kids the center, and doesn't just give them the leftovers of herself, or something to that effect. I think that's one of the best compliments a human could ever receive. And I don't know that it could be said about me.

The comment has been tickling my conscience for several days now. I have been analyzing how much running around I'm always doing. I have the luxury of not working. Peter provides for all our needs. However, I don't really cook for my family, which would be a great way to give them part of my time and self. I grudgingly do laundry. One thing I always try to do is be sure that my kids have had a "belly laugh" at least once or twice each day. The sun should never set without my Juicy Allen and his man-size laugh, or Katy's squeal of delight. They really are easy to make laugh, and that's part of the beauty of my kids.
So, maybe nothing will change but maybe...just maybe....baby steps. I'm not too worried about Peter getting his hopes up because he doesn't have time to read my blog.

posted by blog_meg at 11:34 PM

3 Comments:

Blogger the Forrest Diaries said...

Meg you are one of the greatest parents ever what are you talking about. You are always doing things for your kids go above and beyond the call of duty.

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this pink quote you have on this post. I want it on a plaque somewhere in my house. I remember what you told me in YW's after our stake meetings that at the end of the day we loved the girls. I have quoted you to so many people on that because you didn't get caught up in the unimportant details and really loved each girl. When I taught seminary, I thought about how if that is all I did those days of no sleep and lack of preparation then I was successful. I see how much you love each one of your kids in between the camera shots and lines of your blog entries. So at the end of each day, you loved them....

JOY

4:23 PM  
Blogger blog_meg said...

Sigh...you guys...gonna make me cry!

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Me

Name: blog_meg

View my complete profile

Previous Posts

  • Well, I finally have to admit to myself that I hav...
  • Katy has decided that there's a monster in her roo...
  • Yes, that's right...Allen is walking!!My big birth...
  • Guess what tomorrow is? Mr. Allen Juicy McGoosy’s...
  • Mama has been busy!! I have been getting all kinds...
  • Yesterday Allen stood in front of the stove for at...
  • Lately I've been trying to teach Katy about cousin...
  • Easter revisited and overview of the past two week...
  • Well, I know I haven't posted about Easter yet but...
  • Oh my stars and frilly garters. Has this been my l...

Powered by Blogger


 


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones