skip to main | skip to sidebar
blog

Monday, March 02, 2009



So today is my birthday. And the kiddos have done tons of fun things in the past few days but I am going to make today's post be all about ME.

Some friends of mine tricked me into a birthday luncheon a few days ago by telling me it was for someone else. I showed up and received some gorgeous daffodils plus a yummy lunch!

Then this weekend my family surprised me with the Wii game player plus the Wii Fit Board, which I really, really wanted but didn't think I would get. The entire family had to go in on it, but Sarah made the coordination happen and it all came together just in time. They surprised me at Emily's birthday party, presented me with the gift bag AND a piece of cake, plus they sang to me. Too cute
Today was a laid-back day with the kiddos helping me bake my own cake. We had tons of fun so I didn't even mind doing it. I read a book for a little while. Then we joined Peter at Casa Ole for lunch. I probably wouldn't have even gotten dressed otherwise. And tonight Warren & Marjean stopped by for some cake and to give me my present. Peter was helpful in pointing out that my cake was missing a few candles.

I had calls and text messages from all members of the fam. I am basking in love. The nuggets were pretty good today. Peter worked late but at least apologized. All is well in my world.

posted by blog_meg at 10:35 PM

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you!

7:02 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Happy Birthday, Meg!! I am glad to hear you had a good birthday. You forgot to mention how old you are :)-just kidding you don't have to because you are young at heart! Hope your week ahead is great :)

8:22 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

Happy birthday! I am glad it was a good one! I think the cake looked perfect!!!!It looked like a good number of candles to me! Happy day!

10:05 AM  
Blogger the Forrest Diaries said...

Holy cow I forgot you birthday I am so sorry. Well HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I am so jealous you have a WII, and a WII fit. Those have been on my wish list for almost a year now. Enjoy it and when I come down to College Station next I'm coming over :)

3:25 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Sarah told me a bit about the wii systems; and it sounded like the method being used with rehab for professional athletes. When you and the others want to hear my analysis, we'll sit down and pplug it into reality. Daddy

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Me

Name: blog_meg

View my complete profile

Previous Posts

  • This is our official announcement that we have bee...
  • We started off our February with another trip to o...
  • I am backdating this entry to January 31st, but re...
  • OK, I totally have ignored my blog thus far in 200...
  • Here is our Christmas overview, as well as the wee...
  • OK, here is the last blog entry before Katy’s four...
  • Mom came over last night and taught us how to pla...

Powered by Blogger


 


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones