
Welcome October! This is a month of fun, festivities, fotos and CANDY!
October 6th marks my 3rd year of blogging, although the amount of blogging I do these days has dropped off since then. I used to do it almost every day. I never knew when I started that I would still be doing it by now. It's so much fun to look back and see the kids looking so young.
I haven't been posting much but I have been changing up the header a bit. It's been fun logging on and seeing the kids with their smiling little faces.


For a flash-back moment, here is a shot of Katy and Allen early in the month of March. Amy was in town setting up our wii and she put Hannah on as one of the characters. I remember being so happy because it was a sign of her faith that Hannah was really joining our family. Later, once we started playing, Allen kept insisting that it wasn't Hannah's character, that it was Gramma Grape. HAHAHAHA!


For a flash-back moment, here is a shot of Katy and Allen early in the month of March. Amy was in town setting up our wii and she put Hannah on as one of the characters. I remember being so happy because it was a sign of her faith that Hannah was really joining our family. Later, once we started playing, Allen kept insisting that it wasn't Hannah's character, that it was Gramma Grape. HAHAHAHA!
Sometimes we need to break out of routine and just hang out with friends. Some time in the first part of October we loaded up and headed down to York & Stacy's house to have a play date. Kate Z. joined us, too with her son Brady. Stacy's Brock was at school that day, which was sad because he sounds like the perfect match for our Katybird.
The highlight of our time was when Stacy let Katy drive the three wheeler. Stevie Wonder would have done a better job. She ran into the pool fence, the patio furniture, the baby trees and the bushes. She clothes-lined herself on the trampoline, and instead of saving her, I took pictures while Stacy held Hannah and saved them. Allen hung on for dear life but he wasn't scared. He loved every minute of it! At one time Katy almost ran over Brady!
I treated myself to more fun with friends when I joined Delma and Angela for our second annual Girls Weekend Getaway. What happens in Seguin, stays in Seguin. It was TONS of fun and Delma had the best possible surprise for us - she is PREGGERS! Since she is 27 and holding, she may never be too old to have a baby. hahaha! Keep 'em comin'!
Here are some random shots of the kids. Katy made her hat for rainbow day. Allen dressed himself and was quite proud. Hanny was just looking cute, like always. Allen dressing his "man" for church with a tie. Katy ready for school. Gotta love Octobers in Texas!






Amy's puppies came to visit for a few days and we took them for a walk to the park. We had a picnic and the pups loved it! Of course, Katy and Allen loved it more.
Here is a picture of Hannah drinking her bottle. It was quite a trick to take it while I was feeding her, I'm sure. It's been so long ago I barely remember. I do, however, remember why I took it. Hanny has a little dent in her forehead when she's looking up at you like this. Katy has a dent in her nose. Allen always has some kind of dent in his knuckle head from one adventure or another. I love my dented little kiddos!

And finally, we had a spa night and Hannah had her nails painted for the first time. What a little diva! Katy earned another quarter by feeding Miss Hanny her bottle. Katy always has her toe nails painted and Allen usually asks for the same. He points out that Aunt Amy does it for him, but I keep trying to convince him that boys don't get painted, and Aunt Amy is a "lunaticket" which is a Katy-ism for lunatic. Instead we let him use the ducky towel and pretend to be a duck. Yes, that's much more masculine.




Well, that sums up the first part of the month. More later.





1 Comments:
Wahoo you blogged about October! I am amazed at all you can remember (or write down to blog about). I am horrible at that!! Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home