
Ho ho ho! This is a sample of the Christmas card I thought about doing instead of our letter. It's short, sweet and to the point. Our lives revolve around Katy! Time and money brought me back to reality and the sad little black & white letters went out, instead.
I'm tired and should be prepping our house for guests but I decided that I needed to blog about San Fran before Christmas. I'll keep it short. We loved getting away! Vacations are one of our favorite things, and it was so good for us...even if Peter did have to attend a seminar for part of the time.


We went to the Oakland temple, Alcatraz, Fishermen's Wharf, Ghiradelli Square, The Cannery, Union Square, China Town, the Golden Gate Bridge and Park, Muir Woods, Coit Tower, the "crookedest" road, the Cliff House, and Postcard Row. Plus Peter drove south on Hwy 1 and ended up routing me through some strange mountain road to get home. The photos are (in order) Peter and Meg at the Cliff House, at Alcatraz and near the Golden Gate Bridge. And yes, we did wear the same jackets pretty much every day so it looks like we never changed clothes!Katybird had a fabulous vacation, too! She partied with Cousin Karli for the first few days, and with the rest of Karli's family, too. When I called Karli one time she said that Jerry, Katy and their puppy were all out playing in the yard. She said they looked like a scene from the cover of the Ensign (our church magazine). Luckily she snapped a few pics for us! Warren and Marjean helped out, and so did Mom. Then Sarah kidnapped the Bird and whisked her away to the "WC". Katy attended a Christmas party there and was apparently a lot of fun for everyone...surprise, surprise. She also attended Keith's work party and made a visit to Mom's office.
And to finally catch up completely, here is the promised photo of Katy playing with Dad's cat. She was trying to feed her a cracker! After all those office parties, Katy also popped in at the Men's Center and spread some holiday cheer. They even gave her a Christmas teddy bear!Today I wrapped all the gifts and Peter took Katy for some more shopping. Amy F. stopped by with Kaitlyn and presented us with our Christmas presents from Kathy Gore - yea! Then we hung out at Mom's for a delicious pasta dinner with scallops and shrimp - yum! Peter had vegetable soup, instead. Uncle John, Keith and Sarah were there, too. We're getting in gear for even more "Katy Spoiling"!! And we can't wait for Emily and Abby to join in the fun!
Meg





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home