skip to main | skip to sidebar
blog

Friday, March 09, 2007


In 2009, Katy will turn four years old. This is significant because I just learned of some big news. Disney is finally creating a new "hand-drawn" traditional animated movie...this time with a black princess! Yep. Katybird will never remember the days before the ethnic princesses...Jasmine, Mulan, Pocahontas...hey! Those last two aren't even really princesses! What gives? Marketing. $$$. Anywho, the new princess will be named Maddy and it's set in New Orleans so that Disney can show support for the struggling city. Hmmm... This is America. How can she be a princess in New Orleans? Oh, well. I finally may know some showbiz news before Sarah and Amy!
As for today, Katy laughed more in the past 12 hours than she has in any other given day of her life. She just thought every little thing was funny! And she's saying at least one new word every day. It's like a flood gate is opening up for our little Bird. Tonight she said "elbow"!
We missed our Music Makers today b/c I was busy getting stuff ready to mail, including Marie's birthday present. I felt guilty so we tripped on over to Mickey-D's and had some fresh apple slices, apple juice and some chicken nuggets, now with 100% chicken meat. Yum! What was in there before? Goat? Katy giggled and flirted with adults, kids, furniture, whatever! She thought I took her to Disney World for lunch when I showed her the play area. The only temper tantrum (over 2 seconds) today was when I dragged her out of that place. And I didn't even take my camera! See? I'm not overshadowing her every move with my lens in her face.
My "Pick of the Day" for recent inventions: the automatic bubble blower. Katy adores it! I really shouldn't have introduced it to the Bird because if she was addicted to bubbles before, it's now a full-blown obsession. She pulls the box out of the trash can and says "bubbles!" while shoving it in my face or Peter's lap. She is very bossy when it comes to her obsessions. She gets her OCD tendencies from her Auntie Sarah, I believe.
Alright...I have to get up in a few hours for some G-Sale fun with Mom, Grandma, Aunt Donna and maybe even the Bird (if Peter is lucky). Hopefully Warren and Marjean made it to Missouri ok for Stephanie's baptism. That's so exciting!
-Meg

posted by blog_meg at 11:52 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger the Forrest Diaries said...

I saw some bubble blowers at Target for 9 bucks. I thought of you!

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Me

Name: blog_meg

View my complete profile

Previous Posts

  • Once you get behind on the blogging, it can be a l...
  • Poor neglected blog… We’ve been running around too...
  • Katy has learned to say many new words lately. Wh...
  • I didn't snap any pics today so here is an oldie, ...
  • Finally! A re-cap of the past weekend! Katy attend...
  • I should have used my free time today to clean the...
  • Laura & Amy forced me to scrap Amy's wedding pictu...
  • T-totally exhausted but we've made it through a ro...
  • Today Katy had a play date w/ McKenzie and her two...
  • Today I had my hair cut and Grandma was assigned t...

Powered by Blogger


 


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones