This morning I called about getting on a list of names in case someone cancels their eye dr. appointment for their child. I was informed that there is no such waiting list, but that the dr. had a 3pm cancellation for today. Wahoo!
Peter took off from work around noon and we dropped Mr. Allen off to Warren & Marjean's house on the way out of town for an all-day visit. Katy was sporting bright yellow shorts and a hot pink shirt with Strawberry Shortcake on them...a gift for her birthday from Aunt Laura. She did really well for the first part of the visit, until they dilated her eyes with drops that burn. That didn't go over too well, and the trust was shattered. Since the doc didn't get a thorough look into her weak eye, he wants to see us bring Katy back and have her put under general anesthesia for a better exam. For now it looks like she has a cataract in her left eye. That's not common for a two-year old but he wouldn't advise us about surgery yet. I will call tomorrow to get her next appt. and then we'll wait on pins and needles until then. Poor little Bird!
Allen is laughing out loud and smiling all the time! He is really growing and getting strong. I can't believe the difference between a full-term boy at this age versus a preemie girl. He is such a little man! Even though it wasn't his birthday, Sarah presented him with a shirt that says, "I do all my own stunts" after he had help getting off the sofa a few weeks ago. And I wasn't the one helping him down. Hmmm... who could it have been?
Katy was cracking us up this weekend as we lolled around in our miserable sickness. Chloe was laying on the sofa looking out the window and Katy said, "Pet Chloe?" to which I replied that she could. Instead she started licking Chloe's side!! We've giggled in the past about how cats take a bath with their tongue, but I had no idea she wanted to try it out!! Then she laughed and said, "YET!" which is how she says "yuck".
That's all I can remember right now but I know there is more funny stuff to be told.
Meg
Peter took off from work around noon and we dropped Mr. Allen off to Warren & Marjean's house on the way out of town for an all-day visit. Katy was sporting bright yellow shorts and a hot pink shirt with Strawberry Shortcake on them...a gift for her birthday from Aunt Laura. She did really well for the first part of the visit, until they dilated her eyes with drops that burn. That didn't go over too well, and the trust was shattered. Since the doc didn't get a thorough look into her weak eye, he wants to see us bring Katy back and have her put under general anesthesia for a better exam. For now it looks like she has a cataract in her left eye. That's not common for a two-year old but he wouldn't advise us about surgery yet. I will call tomorrow to get her next appt. and then we'll wait on pins and needles until then. Poor little Bird!
Allen is laughing out loud and smiling all the time! He is really growing and getting strong. I can't believe the difference between a full-term boy at this age versus a preemie girl. He is such a little man! Even though it wasn't his birthday, Sarah presented him with a shirt that says, "I do all my own stunts" after he had help getting off the sofa a few weeks ago. And I wasn't the one helping him down. Hmmm... who could it have been?
Katy was cracking us up this weekend as we lolled around in our miserable sickness. Chloe was laying on the sofa looking out the window and Katy said, "Pet Chloe?" to which I replied that she could. Instead she started licking Chloe's side!! We've giggled in the past about how cats take a bath with their tongue, but I had no idea she wanted to try it out!! Then she laughed and said, "YET!" which is how she says "yuck".
That's all I can remember right now but I know there is more funny stuff to be told.
Meg





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home