skip to main | skip to sidebar
blog

Tuesday, July 10, 2007









Yay! Katy’s Little Mermaid swim party is all over with!! Wahoo! Delma arranged for every single detail and other than the fact that we were missing some folks, the party was perfect! Katy had SUCH a good time, too! Julia has a pretty good excuse for missing since she had her baby the day before. :o) I’ll let her off the hook. Delma composed and mailed out the invitations, bought all the food & decorations, created goody bags for all the party attendees – it was awesome!! Katy just now saw a picture of the cake and said, “Where Kiki’s cake?” That’s what she’s been calling herself. I’m surprised she doesn’t call herself Nugget or Bird.

The only thing I had to do for Katy’s party was have the house clean. Suddenly I decided that we needed to paint the walls in the dining room (which is now the office). I told Mom and Peter I was crazy, and they agreed. Katy was a huge help as this photo shows. I chose flat paint and bought 5 gallons to later do the rest of the house. I’ve already learned that was a big mistake. The walls show every smudge and there are a lot of smudges at yard stick-high level.

I’m so outta whack with my blogging that I can’t remember if I already mentioned Katy’s newest trick: accepting bribes! She now officially understands this process and it has already been immensely helpful for photo shoots. Dad introduced Katy to Tic Tac mints when he was here, and she calls them “Tac Tacs”. It’s so cute! She’s asking for them all the time now. Another thing she’s doing is finding “owies” or “booboos” all over herself. She wants them kissed and fussed over.

I also can’t remember if I told about Cool Puppy. Katy has a mini stuffed puppy that fits in her hand. When she first saw it in the store she showed it to me (she likes little things) and I said, “Cool!” So she calls him Cool Puppy and he is constantly getting lost. One of these days I may lose him for good just to not have to find him again.

Today Allen is officially two months old and I can’t believe it!! He is growing like a weed! Yesterday we went to the doc and he had to get four shots, two in each chubby thigh. Allen weighed 12 lb 15 oz and measured 22-1/2” long. His height is in the 30th percentile and his weight is in the 75th. Chubster!! He cried hard for the shots, but stopped almost immediately. Other than that he’s smiling all the time!

Yesterday Katy was sick with her highest fever ever: 101.6°. She was having her two year appointment and it was sad to see her so lethargic. She weighed 25 lb and is 35-1/2” tall, which puts her in the 25th percentile for weight and 90th for height. She really didn’t like the doctor poking and prodding, and once the doc left the room Katy perked up and shouted “Yay!” while she clapped her hands and smiled at us. She just cracks us up. We read her a scary version of Snow White while we waited for the doc and Katybird pointed to a really ugly dwarf and pronounced it to be Daddy…several times.

One serious thing that came up during our appointment was when the doc turned out the light and used a beam to check Katy’s eyes. She is concerned that Katy has some muscle weakness in one eye, or else a vision problem. The soonest time they would let us in to see the pediatric optometrist is August 21st so I’ll be on pins & needles until then.

OK, I think I’m mostly caught up. Sarah surprised us with a visit today, bringing a Target bag full of clothes with her for Katy’s birthday present. She also had a t-shirt for Allen that says “I do all my own stunts” and I had to laugh, because so far Katy has helped him with all his stunts. Katy ended up begging two entire pieces of gum from Sarah but she said they were hot and she would spit them out. It was a quick visit, but we enjoyed it!

More someday…Meg

posted by blog_meg at 10:06 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Me

Name: blog_meg

View my complete profile

Previous Posts

  • Happy Birthday America!Happy Birthday Katy!
  • Well, Katy got to show Dad how much fun she can ha...
  • We had a blast this weekend at Keith & Sarah's but...
  • OK, not a lot of photos tonight. Here is one that ...
  • There are 1,000 things I should have been doing to...
  • I have been a very bad blogger. I'm still taking a...
  • These are photos from our adventures in the backya...
  • I am REALLY going to try to get to bed early tonig...
  • I will try to limp along with a new blog entry tod...
  • Even though I've had some amazing experiences the ...

Powered by Blogger


 


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones