
We’ve had some more “firsts” around here lately. On Monday we were visiting Amy in Austin and Katy asked to use the potty. We didn’t have access to her training pot so I plopped her down on Amy’s “big girl seat” and she tinkled away! She was so proud! It was also our first time to eat at the Red Robin gourmet burger joint – compliments of Chris & Amy! We brought Katy’s dvd player into the restaurant and it was ALL GOOD!
The next day Sarah came to town and took Katy and Allen to the play land in the mall. That was a first for both of them, too! I just don’t like to shop at the mall much so Katy never gets a chance to go. Plus a friend of ours told me about her son mistaking the plastic tree for a real one when he needed to go to the bathroom. Ever since then it’s been a little “iffy” for me. Anyway, Sarah did a great job catching the spirit of the day! Notice Katy is crawling through the toys with chicken and French fries in her hands. She’s a “two-handed” eater at all times and in all things! Apparently she was very bossy, even with the older kids, and wouldn’t let anyone else play on the bees.And Allen could not look more bored in that Gymboree photo!






On Wednesday we had the windows open and we were lovin’ the beautiful weather! Then I heard the familiar sound of “Music Box Dancer” coming down the street. It was an ice cream truck! I hung up on Sarah and ran out the door with Katy while Allen slept soundly in his swing. Katy loved everything about the experience! Getting delicious push-up pops from nice ladies in musical trucks and then eating it outside…what’s not to like?! At first the push-up pop was a little confusing because the handle looks like a straw.

And I was finally able to bribe/threaten/beg Katy into posing for some Halloween costume photos. Ahh…I remember when she used to let me do whatever I wanted…sigh… In case it’s not obvious, Katy is a ladybug and a pirate! Plus she can say “Arggghh!” Yes, it’s a real eye patch and she had to wear it for several hours after the photo shoot was over.


Well, I must have ignored my blog for a while because I sure had a lot to say. Tonight Mom watched Katy and also provided our transportation to and from the football game. She also sent over some baked chicken. I am SOOO the favorite daughter! Katy bugged Mom for a fire in the fireplace all night. They had one Friday night and Katy was mesmerized! Allen went over to stay with some friends of our and he had an A+ report card, too!
I think that’s enough for now. I’m headed for some tub time!Meg
The next day Sarah came to town and took Katy and Allen to the play land in the mall. That was a first for both of them, too! I just don’t like to shop at the mall much so Katy never gets a chance to go. Plus a friend of ours told me about her son mistaking the plastic tree for a real one when he needed to go to the bathroom. Ever since then it’s been a little “iffy” for me. Anyway, Sarah did a great job catching the spirit of the day! Notice Katy is crawling through the toys with chicken and French fries in her hands. She’s a “two-handed” eater at all times and in all things! Apparently she was very bossy, even with the older kids, and wouldn’t let anyone else play on the bees.And Allen could not look more bored in that Gymboree photo!







On Wednesday we had the windows open and we were lovin’ the beautiful weather! Then I heard the familiar sound of “Music Box Dancer” coming down the street. It was an ice cream truck! I hung up on Sarah and ran out the door with Katy while Allen slept soundly in his swing. Katy loved everything about the experience! Getting delicious push-up pops from nice ladies in musical trucks and then eating it outside…what’s not to like?! At first the push-up pop was a little confusing because the handle looks like a straw.


And I was finally able to bribe/threaten/beg Katy into posing for some Halloween costume photos. Ahh…I remember when she used to let me do whatever I wanted…sigh… In case it’s not obvious, Katy is a ladybug and a pirate! Plus she can say “Arggghh!” Yes, it’s a real eye patch and she had to wear it for several hours after the photo shoot was over.



Well, I must have ignored my blog for a while because I sure had a lot to say. Tonight Mom watched Katy and also provided our transportation to and from the football game. She also sent over some baked chicken. I am SOOO the favorite daughter! Katy bugged Mom for a fire in the fireplace all night. They had one Friday night and Katy was mesmerized! Allen went over to stay with some friends of our and he had an A+ report card, too!I think that’s enough for now. I’m headed for some tub time!Meg





2 Comments:
I've been waiting for a blog! How do you stay busy and sane?
Who says I'm sane?!
Post a Comment
<< Home