No pictures today because it's late but I just remembered some cute things that Miss Bird has been doing. She saw a glimpse of the Jurassic Park movie and those dinosaurs weren't nearly as nice as the ones on her Disney movie. So she's been walking around today saying "That dinosaur bad. Dinosaur see me." And when I tell her that the dinosaur was just pretend, not real she says "Dinosaur tend" but she doesn't sound convinced. I hope Katy doesn't have nightmares tonight! Either way she'll end up in our bed, anyway. In fact, any minute I'll hear her door bang open and see her tired face come shuffling toward the light to find us. She can never open her eyes all the way and she always has a little halo of curls from going to bed with wet hair.
Allen was so good today. He cooperated while I worked on my history homework - long story. And then tonight he partied with me while Peter took Katy to the basketball game. Karli rode with them and they met up with Jerry and Kathy there. The first thing Katy said when she came home was "ladies dancing" and then she showed me some of their moves. Yep. My girl is a fan of the half-time performance. She also likes basketball and talked about that after her dance performance.
The Sunday before last Katy was pushed down in the church nursery by a girl who is a few months older than her. She wasn't hurt, but she was horrified. Thus far in her spoiled life, other kids have treated her with kid gloves. Her cousins completely spoil her on both sides of our family. Nobody takes toys away from her. So it's not surprising to me that Katy is still talking about the incident. She will randomly bring it up without prompting and say, "that girl pushed Kiki" in a very concerned little voice. I wish I could protect both my kids from that and so much more that awaits them! Although based on Allen's size, I don't think we have to worry about him getting pushed down by anyone other than Andre the Giant.
Homework calls....
Meg
Allen was so good today. He cooperated while I worked on my history homework - long story. And then tonight he partied with me while Peter took Katy to the basketball game. Karli rode with them and they met up with Jerry and Kathy there. The first thing Katy said when she came home was "ladies dancing" and then she showed me some of their moves. Yep. My girl is a fan of the half-time performance. She also likes basketball and talked about that after her dance performance.
The Sunday before last Katy was pushed down in the church nursery by a girl who is a few months older than her. She wasn't hurt, but she was horrified. Thus far in her spoiled life, other kids have treated her with kid gloves. Her cousins completely spoil her on both sides of our family. Nobody takes toys away from her. So it's not surprising to me that Katy is still talking about the incident. She will randomly bring it up without prompting and say, "that girl pushed Kiki" in a very concerned little voice. I wish I could protect both my kids from that and so much more that awaits them! Although based on Allen's size, I don't think we have to worry about him getting pushed down by anyone other than Andre the Giant.
Homework calls....
Meg





2 Comments:
History?
Hate to hear Katy was pushed. Hope she doesn't have a hard time going back to nursery though especially since she remembers it so well.
I am sure she will remember snack time and toys over that though. Let's hope so!
How funny! Katy says the cutest things, give her a kiss for me oh and give one to Allen also.
Post a Comment
<< Home