Nothing major today to report. I ran errands and the kiddos played at Gammy & Papa's house. It bought my sanity for the week and I should be good for a while now. Mom stopped by and dropped off cheesy biscuits from her Red Lobster lunch - yum! There are definitely some perks to being the favorite daughter AND daughter-in-law! HAHAHAHA!!
Soooo...my mind is drifting back over all the amazing things Katy has learned to say in a relatively short time. When something happens she used to say "What hap-mee?" in a concerned voice but she caught on within a couple of days and now says it correctly. She learned to say "chocolate". Peter was surprised tonight to find that she can say "crocodile". It just seems like there are few words behind her reach anymore. Okay, I can't fathom her saying "supercalifragilisticexpealidocious" anytime soon but she would at least be willing to give it a try! She can converse intelligently all of a sudden over important topics such as: "When is daddy coming home from work?" or "Look at that bug!" or "Why is baby Allen crying?" I'm going to casually throw out the Iran Contra hearings for discussion but I doubt she would be able to add much to the chat.
Allen is definitely teething so even though he's quick to laugh, he's been having more crying time lately. Bummer. I had to return the christening outfit I bought for him (size 9 months) because he's already too big for it! And he's not even five months old until the 10th of October! JUICY!
And finally, I ran to Target today (not literally, course) because someone told me they had Halloween costumes from Disney's The Little Mermaid. Well, the smallest size was 4 and Katy wears a 2, plus they were made cheaply from junky materials. Dang it! Some poor kids in Taiwan really tried hard to make those things look good. Katy's really into mermaids right now and that would have solved my costume dilemma. So, back to Plan A which is for Katy to be a bride. I think part of my problem is that I'm limiting her to one costume this year and it all seems so final!
Well, that's it for me. I am headed tub-side. And in three days I will be celebrating the one year anniversary of my blog. It will be my blogiversary!!
Meg
Soooo...my mind is drifting back over all the amazing things Katy has learned to say in a relatively short time. When something happens she used to say "What hap-mee?" in a concerned voice but she caught on within a couple of days and now says it correctly. She learned to say "chocolate". Peter was surprised tonight to find that she can say "crocodile". It just seems like there are few words behind her reach anymore. Okay, I can't fathom her saying "supercalifragilisticexpealidocious" anytime soon but she would at least be willing to give it a try! She can converse intelligently all of a sudden over important topics such as: "When is daddy coming home from work?" or "Look at that bug!" or "Why is baby Allen crying?" I'm going to casually throw out the Iran Contra hearings for discussion but I doubt she would be able to add much to the chat.
Allen is definitely teething so even though he's quick to laugh, he's been having more crying time lately. Bummer. I had to return the christening outfit I bought for him (size 9 months) because he's already too big for it! And he's not even five months old until the 10th of October! JUICY!
And finally, I ran to Target today (not literally, course) because someone told me they had Halloween costumes from Disney's The Little Mermaid. Well, the smallest size was 4 and Katy wears a 2, plus they were made cheaply from junky materials. Dang it! Some poor kids in Taiwan really tried hard to make those things look good. Katy's really into mermaids right now and that would have solved my costume dilemma. So, back to Plan A which is for Katy to be a bride. I think part of my problem is that I'm limiting her to one costume this year and it all seems so final!
Well, that's it for me. I am headed tub-side. And in three days I will be celebrating the one year anniversary of my blog. It will be my blogiversary!!
Meg





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home