
If I am still sitting at the computer tomorrow without having done the dishes, I could be in real trouble. Seriously. I'm talking about the same dishes from the other day. You could probably have a one-woman reality show for all the interventions that I need to have.
Anyway, today was interesting. Katy was running around all morning with her new red jammies on. Jerry and Kathy brought them back from Alaska (along with the Park Ranger outfit) and they have a moose on the the butt with a quote "trailing a little behind". She looked good enough to eat! OK, maybe a little on the sour side...







The weather was a balmy 66 degrees with a strong wind - my absolute favorite! Katy and I have been riding around with the windows open for days! This afternoon we went out to the Methodist church for their pumpkin patch. Or as Katy calls them..."ball" patch. She adores pumpkins and immediately tries to wrap her arms around them and pick them up. If it seems that many of the photos were taken from behind or from the side, that's because I couldn't keep up with those short, little legs! She kept running from pumpkin to pumpkin in sheer delight!The wind kept knocking her down so we didn't stay too long. She made friends with the vendor's five year old son and kept flirting with him. That means she smiles and says, "HI!" in a very irresistable way. We decided to buy her a "ball" so the boy picked out his favortite one and gave it to Katy. It was very sweet. Then his dad put a sticker on her hand after we were finished taking photos.After all the excitement at the "ball" patch, we visited Uncle Jerry to apply for cheaper health insurance. He had to entertain Katy for almost an hour! I was on the phone with the insurance company for much longer than anticipated. Aunt Kathy's Christmas ornaments in the back storage room may never be the same again!
Finally we picked up pizza and took it to Warren & Marjean's so Peter and Warren could replace Jessie's clutch. After laying under the truck for a while, they decided it would be better to take her to a mechanic, after all. Something about dropping the transmission, un-hooking the drive train, moving the manifold...blah, blah, blah...I can do all that in my sleep. Just kidding!! I'm just grateful that they were willing to try.
If you're tired of the Fall pictures, here are a couple more Halloween costumes for Katy to wear. Really I just cropped her face into a couple cute ones I found in an e-mail. When Mom saw the e-mail she asked me why Katy's face wasn't in every costume. I guess she knows me pretty well. There was a peacock one, too but I finally stopped myself. That's a good sign, right? An intervention on myself.OK, now that photo-pa-looza is complete, I will log off for the evening.
Night-y-night
Meg





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home