Dang, she's cute! I mean it. Sometimes she's so cute it hurts. Of course, she bit my neck tonight and then it was the hurt without the cute.My day was a series of running around, sprinkled with a side dish of epiphany and a photo shoot. Early morning dr. appointment. Warren and Katy had breakfast together - so sweet! Then a trip to Super Walmart, where the unexpected epiphany originated. I mean really...if I said I almost cried at Super Walmart, wouldn't you think it was because I was mugged?
I was strolling along and I heard a newborn baby crying. At first I ignored it but when the cry kept going I started thinking morbid thoughts like, "What if someone dropped off a baby here and everyone walked past it and ignored it - assuming the mother was nearby?" Anyway, I decided to find the baby. She was crying her face off in the dairy department and a young mother was trying to soothe her with a pacifier. I smiled and asked how old the baby was, but the mother just gestured that she was deaf. I guess she thought I was going to walk away but everyone knows I talk enough for two people. I answered a question about the size of a milk carton and then complimented her baby again before she went away. Then I started welling up. Seriously - it just hit me. She couldn't hear her newborn baby crying. She will never hear her child's laughter or hiccups or anything. I told myself then and there not to be mad at Katy anymore (already didn't stick) and that I should celebrate Katy's crying for the simply joy that I can hear it. Sniff...sniff...
After my unusual Walmart experience, I went for a hair cut and then to Kroger's. Why am I detailing these mundane details? Because someday Katy will be reading this and I have to KEEP IT REAL. She will know that I went Krogering just for her..and me...and Peter...and the cats. One of the clerks asked where Katy was and sent home a sticker for her. Marjean says she's famous at Krogers. Then I picked up the Bird and fed her and napped her...in the crib. That's right...in the crib. Later in the afternoon we shot a few more photos in the leaves but Katy wasn't in the mood to cooperate much.
I worked on my church stuff then Peter came home for an hour for dinner, after which he had to go back to work. :o( He should be home before 11pm, but he has to work late again tomorrow night. Good think we have a mini-vacation coming up. And Katybird is going to San Fran with us! Wahoo!! Peter saw the light!
I can't believe I am just now mentioning this, but Aunt Kathy made Katy a Texas Christmas tree! It has a leather western shirt and matching pants ornaments plus leather barbed wire going around it. It is so cute! Right now it's sitting on her dresser out of reach but hopefully the kitties don't mess with it.Well, I better hurry and finish my stuff before Peter gets home and demands the computer again. I can't hog it for two nights in a row. Tomorrow we have a play date with Julia's kiddos and then this weekend Jason and Delma's bunch will be here. Party, party, party!
Meg





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home