Happy Veteran's Day! Last year Katy had photos taken in Veteran Memorial Park in her red, white and blue dress. I am just a slacker this year. Sigh...
Today was a whirlwind of activity. At 8:45am I had a photo shoot scheduled at the George Bush Presidential Library. Former President Bush (or "41", as I call him) chased me down when he saw my awesome Canon Digital Rebel and begged me to take his photo. I had to stop shooting my client and appease him. Man...aren't former presidents needy? It's all "me...me...me! Take my picture!" Well, fine. Whatever floats your boat. Didn't my client do a great job taking this photo? Is it just me, or does it look like I'm sticking my chest out at him?
Then I had to shop for a birthday present and make or buy dessert to serve 12 people. I bought it. Thanks, Krogers. Peter and the Bird were napping during this time.
Next was our Elder's Quorum party for church at 12:00pm. Peter and Katy went down the slide and we all had lots of fun. Yummy barbecue. I probably should have invited "41" but I wasn't sure I wanted all those secret service guys hanging around.
At 2:30pm we were at the football game. Mom had to drop us off because our usual ride (Kathy) just had her second rotator cuff surgery. :o( The Ags lost. November has been a very hard month for us.
From there we rushed home to pick up the Nugget. Mom watched her for us and reported that they had tons of fun! Mom taught Katy to shake hands and try to say, "How do you do?" Katy's hair was wild from her nap. No matter... We threw her back into the car seat and hurried over to another park for Ava's birthday party. We were able to visit with some friends who moved away a few months ago, and Peter helped Katy march up and down a hill. She threw a fit when it was time to leave but it was dark and windy and we were tired.
Soooo....that's our Saturday. The dishes are piled up again. I can't wait for Katy to get older and do the dishes! HA HA HA!
Meg
Today was a whirlwind of activity. At 8:45am I had a photo shoot scheduled at the George Bush Presidential Library. Former President Bush (or "41", as I call him) chased me down when he saw my awesome Canon Digital Rebel and begged me to take his photo. I had to stop shooting my client and appease him. Man...aren't former presidents needy? It's all "me...me...me! Take my picture!" Well, fine. Whatever floats your boat. Didn't my client do a great job taking this photo? Is it just me, or does it look like I'm sticking my chest out at him?Then I had to shop for a birthday present and make or buy dessert to serve 12 people. I bought it. Thanks, Krogers. Peter and the Bird were napping during this time.
Next was our Elder's Quorum party for church at 12:00pm. Peter and Katy went down the slide and we all had lots of fun. Yummy barbecue. I probably should have invited "41" but I wasn't sure I wanted all those secret service guys hanging around.At 2:30pm we were at the football game. Mom had to drop us off because our usual ride (Kathy) just had her second rotator cuff surgery. :o( The Ags lost. November has been a very hard month for us.
From there we rushed home to pick up the Nugget. Mom watched her for us and reported that they had tons of fun! Mom taught Katy to shake hands and try to say, "How do you do?" Katy's hair was wild from her nap. No matter... We threw her back into the car seat and hurried over to another park for Ava's birthday party. We were able to visit with some friends who moved away a few months ago, and Peter helped Katy march up and down a hill. She threw a fit when it was time to leave but it was dark and windy and we were tired.
Soooo....that's our Saturday. The dishes are piled up again. I can't wait for Katy to get older and do the dishes! HA HA HA!
Meg





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home