Well, our big news this weekend is that Katy's new furniture was delivered! On Friday night Peter mentioned that we should probably devote Saturday to picking it up from Austin. It didn't sound like fun being in the car all day so I didn't pursue the idea, even though I really wanted the furniture. On Saturday morning Jerry mentioned that Kathy and Karlie were headed to Austin for a bridal shower...in Kathy's truck! Wahoo! Chris and Amy loaded up the truck and Kathy and Karli dropped it off last night around 10:30pm. It was worth the wait! I love it! 


The
mirror behind Katy will go on the desk so that it becomes a vanity. Right now she likes walking up to the mirror and kissing herself, with a little chatter thrown in for good measure. She also likes the desk when it's upside down.
While other people were doing our work for us, Peter and I dropped Katybird off to Warren & Marjean and we went to a Saturday afternoon matine. We watched "Blades of Glory" with Will Ferrell and John Heder. You have to turn off your brain and turn on your laughter - it is hilarious! Two hetero men skating together in the Olympic pairs division. Who would have thought?
We are all three still kind of under the weather, which you can kind of tell from looking at pics of Katy from today. Peter stayed home from church and that hardly ever happens. Luckily Mom delivered some delicious homemade macaroni and cheese - yum! Warm food just makes you feel better when you're sick. She also brought all the Easter goodies we left at her house last weekend. If Katy only knew that the bags she's walking around in our living room contained Easter eggs ("balls") with candy in them...she would probably be in a diabetic coma!
For Peter's birthday next weekend I have finally convinced him that we should head down to Port Aransas for some fun in the sun. It will be Katy's first beach experience, and I'm debating how safe it will be to have my camera anywhere near the sand and water. I wonder how all the pics would look if I put the camera in a ziploc baggie the whole time? How was Uncle John brave enough to have it on the beach in Hawaii? Hmmm... We'll probably blind the camera lens with the whiteness of our bodies, anyway! Well, two out of the three of us... Luckily I bought sand toys almost a month ago - just in case! And Katy has several "swim swoops" (as Emily says) to choose from.
Katy is adding at least one new word every day. When she "falls down" she says, "You okay?" and then I ask the same thing back to her, which makes her giggle. Then she asks me again. She burned her hand on the oven door today and I don't know how she knew to hold it up for kisses to make it feel better. Maybe that's just hardwired into our brains.
That's about it for the weekend in review. It was a pretty good one.
Meg



The mirror behind Katy will go on the desk so that it becomes a vanity. Right now she likes walking up to the mirror and kissing herself, with a little chatter thrown in for good measure. She also likes the desk when it's upside down.
While other people were doing our work for us, Peter and I dropped Katybird off to Warren & Marjean and we went to a Saturday afternoon matine. We watched "Blades of Glory" with Will Ferrell and John Heder. You have to turn off your brain and turn on your laughter - it is hilarious! Two hetero men skating together in the Olympic pairs division. Who would have thought?
We are all three still kind of under the weather, which you can kind of tell from looking at pics of Katy from today. Peter stayed home from church and that hardly ever happens. Luckily Mom delivered some delicious homemade macaroni and cheese - yum! Warm food just makes you feel better when you're sick. She also brought all the Easter goodies we left at her house last weekend. If Katy only knew that the bags she's walking around in our living room contained Easter eggs ("balls") with candy in them...she would probably be in a diabetic coma!
For Peter's birthday next weekend I have finally convinced him that we should head down to Port Aransas for some fun in the sun. It will be Katy's first beach experience, and I'm debating how safe it will be to have my camera anywhere near the sand and water. I wonder how all the pics would look if I put the camera in a ziploc baggie the whole time? How was Uncle John brave enough to have it on the beach in Hawaii? Hmmm... We'll probably blind the camera lens with the whiteness of our bodies, anyway! Well, two out of the three of us... Luckily I bought sand toys almost a month ago - just in case! And Katy has several "swim swoops" (as Emily says) to choose from.
Katy is adding at least one new word every day. When she "falls down" she says, "You okay?" and then I ask the same thing back to her, which makes her giggle. Then she asks me again. She burned her hand on the oven door today and I don't know how she knew to hold it up for kisses to make it feel better. Maybe that's just hardwired into our brains.
That's about it for the weekend in review. It was a pretty good one.
Meg





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home