skip to main | skip to sidebar
blog

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Where has the time gone? I have missed blogging a ton of cute Katybird things! She is practically in high school now. sigh... OK, but she will turn 21 months in less than a week, and that means she'll be two years old before I know it!

The Easter egg hunt at GB library was a huge fiasco, but the rest of the activities were fun! Mom, Grandma and Peter held our place in line for a goody bag while Katy had her face painted. Then we all had cotton candy (at 9:30am?) and Katy didn't approve. We were shocked! We waited in line to play a duck game, and at first they said we couldn't keep a rubber duck for our prize like we did last year. Well, Katy had three ducks in her hands and was trying to run away before we could stop her. She's very saavy about these things. I took my friend Julia's advice and negotiated with the workers so Miss Bird could keep one duck. She hasn't put it down all weekend! She's even been sleeping with it!

Next Julia reminded us to get to the egg hunt early for a good spot. Katy wanted the "balls" that were laying in the grass. She pointed and squirmed and tried to get down and then finally cried. It was 100% drama. Finally the officials blew the fire engine horn as our signal to let the kids aged 0-3 years start picking up eggs. I set Katy down and she was immediately engulfed in a sea of fast-moving adult legs! Last year the adults were reminded to stay out of the area and let just the kids pick up eggs. This year the officials failed to give the reminder and everyone over 3' tall was bent over stuffing their baskets like the eggs were made of gold! It was complete pandemonium. Katy was initially excited, tried to grab a ball, almost got pushed down, and then rode on my hip as we helplessly tried to catch up with the pack of hyenas who were picking the bones clean and leaving no eggs behind. Three sad little eggs were in our basket, but we did better than some folks who didn't get any. Then there were the triumphant smiles of the adults strutting around carrying one, two and sometimes three baskets full of eggs....full! OK, the eggs only had nasty little pieces of taffy in them, or a mini-pack of Sweet-tarts. What gives? Did Willy Wonka put a golden ticket in one of them? Poor little Katybird. Next year she'll wear a bicycle helmet and spiked armor. I'll set a screen for her and let her run away with as many eggs as she wants!

Peter and Katy went home and Mom, Grandma and I did some shopping. We have stores here that Grandma won't have access to when she returns home. One of them (a plus size store) had a big box of chocolate chip cookies at the back of the store. We are still laughing about that today! Mom picked out a ton of cute clothes for Grandma and then we hurried back to take custody of the Bird so Peter could catch a baseball game with Jerry. Yes, our taxes are still not done but it was a beautiful baseball game kind of day. Sarah & Keith came by and we partied at Mom's house the rest of the night.

Today we had breakfast at Mom's house then came home and watched our church on the internet. It was a broadcast. I could get used to that! Uncle John came into town late this afternoon so it was back over to Mom's house again. I bet she feels like she's running a hotel! Goulash for dinner - yum! Grandma made several witty remarks and I can't remember them. John snapped a ton of cute Katy pics for Twila, who is Katy's #1 fan - or at least in the top 1%. Katy modeled for him like nobody's business...sassy! I will have to get the pics from him.

OK, that catches me up on the stories and the pics will come later. Katy said "Key" for "Keith" all weekend long, but otherwise refuses to say anyone's name. I think she's a politician trying to get what she wants from people by making them wait to hear their name. She must have gotten that from Peter.

-Meg

posted by blog_meg at 10:56 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Me

Name: blog_meg

View my complete profile

Previous Posts

  • Running, running, running! We are busy lately. I w...
  • AAAaaauuuuggggghhhh...... I had to be the hero to...
  • Falling behind on the ol' blog is not much fun. F...
  • I am super tired tonight so it will be short. Mis...
  • I am going to try to catch up on my blogging tonig...
  • How 'bout them Ags? We have advanced to the Sweet...
  • Babies, babies everywhere! Diane M. and Kathy G. b...
  • Shorty again tonight...I've been editing bridal pi...
  • Let's see...another busy weekend. The garage sales...
  • In 2009, Katy will turn four years old. This is si...

Powered by Blogger


 


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones