skip to main | skip to sidebar
blog

Wednesday, January 03, 2007





















I had to take a couple days off from blogging. Real life kicked in. The kitchen is almost done but it needs a few tweaks here and there. The big news is that my profile is in the mail to our private agency. Yay! I only slept from 6am to 8am last night in an effort to get that out today. Wahoo! These are the pages I did in the last couple of days, and one of them includes some kitchen shots. I know...I know...they are not in the same color scheme or anything...oh well! Amy F. asked what program I use and it's Photoshop Elements 2.0. You can buy a much better version for not too much money these days. I think that's what David G. was going to get Kathy G. for Christmas.

OK, what has Katybird been doing lately... Yesterday she had a play date with Julia's kids (Natalie & Isaac) while Julia went for her 12 week dr. appt. Right now Kathy G, Julia, and Diane are all preggers so it's just possible that by being one of my closest friends, you could get pregnant! Julias' kids play so patiently with Katy. They put up with her frustrations and don't even complain. She knows all those toys are hers and if she wants one of them, look out! She has started to hit when she gets mad, but not too hard...yet. They gave Katy the cutest little tub toy with a googly-eyed Cookie Monster on it!

Today Peter dropped Katy into bed with me when he left for work. She was getting frustrated with me b/c I just wanted to sleep and she ended up slapping my face - open palm slap! I didn't think that would happen for another 13 years, or so. Hmmm....love hurts. I dragged out of bed but then the rest of the day I felt surprisingly ok. I finished the adoption profile and then burned it onto a disk b/c it's too big to e-mail to the printer. We met Helen, Sheila and Ruth at C&J's BBQ for lunch and Katy has us all rolling! She was sporting her new sassy pink velour jogging suit and was all smiles for those crazy ladies! I always tell her we're going to a party when we hook up with them. Helen was trying to teach her bad things, which made us all laugh. Sheila was tilting to the side and Katy was imitating her, and Ruth made her nails walk up and down the table...clickety clack! I just shoveled food into her and watched her throw it on the floor.

After lunch we went to Office Max and waited for an hour and a half while they printed and bound the profiles. With my half off coupon I saved $76! Katy loved all the colorful things within reach so we pulled over and played with some 2007 calendars that had puppy dogs on them. She kept kissing them...not hygenic, but cute!

Next we went to the bank, then the post office and mailed the profiles (sigh of relief) and then headed home for a much-deserved nap. Tonight we watched a couple of kids for a friend of mine, and they left around 9pm. The phone rang a lot today, too. I am logging off, having a fast shower and snoozing until 7:30am when we have to get Katy up for her 18 month appointment. I can't believe Katy is 18 months old!!!!

More tomorrow if all goes well...

Meg

posted by blog_meg at 10:58 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger the Forrest Diaries said...

Wow I'm so jealous of you. Those pictures of your house are cleaner than my apartment was before we moved in!!!!!! Very nice pictures.

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Me

Name: blog_meg

View my complete profile

Previous Posts

  • Well, I know they're super cheesy but these are fo...
  • Yesterday Katy went to Warren & Marjean's house ag...
  • It's super late so this will be short and sweet. ...
  • Merry Christmas!I haven't blogged since Saturday ...
  • Ho ho ho! This is a sample of the Christmas card I...
  • This is what I am considering for my kitchen make-...
  • San Francisco was wonderful! We pulled into our v...
  • I am ready to start packing. It's 3am. I have on...
  • Peter doesn't want me to get sick for our trip so ...
  • I have been researching San Fran for HOURS now! My...

Powered by Blogger


 


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones