skip to main | skip to sidebar
blog

Tuesday, January 09, 2007


So we had a ride on our adoption roller coaster these past few days. A little four-month old baby boy was up for adoption and his birth mother wanted us to have him...until she decided to keep him. Not that I blame her, of course! It was the first time since went active in August that we had a tug at our line. Our profile is going out to a birth mom who is due in mid March so hopefully she is wowed! Good thing she doesn't read my blog or she may have second thoughts!

Here is Katy with Santa Claus and Christmas tree bows in her hair. We've already lost the red hair bows I made her for Christmas. Today was the last of our Christmas dress photo shoot. Now I just need to snap a few New Year's pics and we're good until Valentines Day! This is the only way I could get a photo of Santa and Katy in the same room without her crying in horror. Maybe next year!

And finally, I need to report that Marie had her baby! Miles was born at 6:03pm on January 2nd weighing 6 lb 11 oz and 19" long. Apparently Marie had a couple of days of hard contractions where the nurses sent her home with pain meds, but then Miles zoomed right along as soon as she dilated to 5. Marie says that he and Katy have the same chin, but Marie's sister says he just looks like a smooshed up newborn. It should be fun to see how much these two look alike in the coming years.

OK - that's it for today. I think Katy said the word "outside" but I'm not positive. She was definitely trying to mimic me today on the harder words with two syllables. So dang smart and cute!!

Meg

posted by blog_meg at 10:14 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger the Forrest Diaries said...

What are we going to do once they can tell us what to do?!?!?!?

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

About Me

Name: blog_meg

View my complete profile

Previous Posts

  • Sleepy night night... This is Katy at a little ove...
  • Not much to report today. I still haven't called ...
  • I didn't blog last night but I wanted to mention t...
  • Pictures speak 1,000 words, right? So I'm behind o...
  • I had to take a couple days off from blogging. Rea...
  • Well, I know they're super cheesy but these are fo...
  • Yesterday Katy went to Warren & Marjean's house ag...
  • It's super late so this will be short and sweet. ...
  • Merry Christmas!I haven't blogged since Saturday ...
  • Ho ho ho! This is a sample of the Christmas card I...

Powered by Blogger


 


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones