Notice anything new? Yep! It took some doing but I finally figured out how to add my blog header to the top of my blog. Wahoo! Check one more thing from my life's "To Do" list!
Peter is at meetings tonight but since I have officially been released from my Relief Society calling, I don't have Tue night meetings anymore! Poor Peter.... :o)
OK, today we had two people knocking at the door unexpectedly this morning. Luckily I can throw clothes on pretty fast, and Katy looks great in her jammies. We tried to kidnap Mom for lunch but she turned us down, so just Grandma joined Katy and me at the Chinese buffet for lunch today. Katy slurped up noodles and chowed down on broccoli. Yum! We were opening up our fortune cookies and Grandma made me laugh so hard! The waiter brought us three so when we each read our fortunes we added the phrase "in bed". Too bad our fortunes were about finances and it wasn't as funny as usual. However, when I read Katy's fortune aloud Grandma said, "in the crib" and we almost fell off our seats from laughing!! It still makes me laugh! Wish Mom could have joined us....next time...
Next we went to Target and picked out Emily and Abby's birthday presents. They are "Katy approved"! We walked around and just chatted...lots of fun!
Today I'm actually making some headway on the house. Katy's room is finally clean and I hope to tackle our bedroom/bathroom. Then maybe if I drink enough Diet Cherry Coke I can organize Katy's clothes and get some ready to return to Laura for Miss Abby to wear. They're coming to town in a couple of weeks and we can't wait to get some quality Mimsy/Abby time! Oh yeah...and Laura and Mike, too!
Tonight Warren and Marjean stopped by on their way home from Houston and Katy was fresh from the tub with curly wet hair! She danced for them and read books...it was a lovely surprise for her!
One final bit of news... After a week and a half, I finally caught my social worker on the phone long enough to ask about the Pagan couple. Apparently they are leaning toward the other adoptive couple. This is totally fine, but we just needed to know. No worries - our baby is out there! Maybe even in utero, already? :o)
Guess that's it for today...no photos. I'm getting excited about a photography class I have coming up pretty soon. It's in Houston for all day so I better arrange a sitter in advance. Hopefully it will show in my photos that I'm trying to improve my craft.
Meg
Peter is at meetings tonight but since I have officially been released from my Relief Society calling, I don't have Tue night meetings anymore! Poor Peter.... :o)
OK, today we had two people knocking at the door unexpectedly this morning. Luckily I can throw clothes on pretty fast, and Katy looks great in her jammies. We tried to kidnap Mom for lunch but she turned us down, so just Grandma joined Katy and me at the Chinese buffet for lunch today. Katy slurped up noodles and chowed down on broccoli. Yum! We were opening up our fortune cookies and Grandma made me laugh so hard! The waiter brought us three so when we each read our fortunes we added the phrase "in bed". Too bad our fortunes were about finances and it wasn't as funny as usual. However, when I read Katy's fortune aloud Grandma said, "in the crib" and we almost fell off our seats from laughing!! It still makes me laugh! Wish Mom could have joined us....next time...
Next we went to Target and picked out Emily and Abby's birthday presents. They are "Katy approved"! We walked around and just chatted...lots of fun!
Today I'm actually making some headway on the house. Katy's room is finally clean and I hope to tackle our bedroom/bathroom. Then maybe if I drink enough Diet Cherry Coke I can organize Katy's clothes and get some ready to return to Laura for Miss Abby to wear. They're coming to town in a couple of weeks and we can't wait to get some quality Mimsy/Abby time! Oh yeah...and Laura and Mike, too!
Tonight Warren and Marjean stopped by on their way home from Houston and Katy was fresh from the tub with curly wet hair! She danced for them and read books...it was a lovely surprise for her!
One final bit of news... After a week and a half, I finally caught my social worker on the phone long enough to ask about the Pagan couple. Apparently they are leaning toward the other adoptive couple. This is totally fine, but we just needed to know. No worries - our baby is out there! Maybe even in utero, already? :o)
Guess that's it for today...no photos. I'm getting excited about a photography class I have coming up pretty soon. It's in Houston for all day so I better arrange a sitter in advance. Hopefully it will show in my photos that I'm trying to improve my craft.
Meg





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home