Today was a complete blur, but it was still a pretty good day. Katybird went into the church nursery with very little crying, and would have stayed the entire time but she had a smelly diaper. When the nursery worker opened my classroom door, I was on the far side of the room. She looked for me and I didn't see her, but Katy saw me and said, "Mama!" and I almost died - it was so sweet! She was so relieved to see me! Peter rescued us with a diaper change and we were able to take care of everything we needed to do.
This afternoon Mom & Grandma came over, along with my friend Beverly. We turned on the video camera and recorded some genealogy on Grandma's side of the family. Too bad I didn't do that for any of my other grandparents while they were alive. Mom and Grandma were great sports about it, but their reward was playing with Katy after she was refreshed from a nap.
I talked to Dad tonight and he sounded under the weather. I guess he's on antibiotics and not feeling good. I think he was even planning on missing work tomorrow, so that means he really doesn't feel good.
Tomorrow morning we have to be fingerprinted as part of the new federal requirements for adoptive couples. Then on Thursday we're probably taking a CPR class for the third time. Each class expires after two years. That's $150 just this week in expenses, not to mention time and energy. Whew!
OK, I have photos but I'm too tired to upload them tonight. Maybe tomorrow.
Meg
This afternoon Mom & Grandma came over, along with my friend Beverly. We turned on the video camera and recorded some genealogy on Grandma's side of the family. Too bad I didn't do that for any of my other grandparents while they were alive. Mom and Grandma were great sports about it, but their reward was playing with Katy after she was refreshed from a nap.
I talked to Dad tonight and he sounded under the weather. I guess he's on antibiotics and not feeling good. I think he was even planning on missing work tomorrow, so that means he really doesn't feel good.
Tomorrow morning we have to be fingerprinted as part of the new federal requirements for adoptive couples. Then on Thursday we're probably taking a CPR class for the third time. Each class expires after two years. That's $150 just this week in expenses, not to mention time and energy. Whew!
OK, I have photos but I'm too tired to upload them tonight. Maybe tomorrow.
Meg





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home